Life Currently...

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

As always life has caught up to me where I've not been able to balance it all out. So much has happened since my last Life Currently post. It's so overwhelming that I feel at times it overtakes me. Blogging is beneficial in so many ways. One of which is being able to document your life in a chapter format. Having this outlet allows you to look back at times, memories, etc., and see how far you have come and how much your life has changed whether that be for better or worse.

I've been trying my hardest to balance family with work, but at times seems almost impossible. I do feel like I am getting better at it though. The kids are off from school for the summer so trying to keep myself and them on a schedule is challenging... but I'm determined to conquer it! We've been super social as there seems to be a festivity of some sort every weekend. The first picture is of my niece Alexis, my stepson Dylan, and myself photo-boothing-it-up in the car. Can you tell they were fighting over whose face will be more present in the picture! lol I think Dylan got us on this one :) The second picture is a rather large bowl of fruits and veggies. I've been on a juicing kick trying to keep my energy high since my daily to-do-list is by far its' lengthiest to date. The Green Machine is my go to recipe that is both healthy & delicious! The third picture is a snapshot of me knee deep into the collection in downtown LA. Everything is going good and I am super excited to see everything come to life. It truly is an amazing feeling to see your one dimensional sketches transform into a three dimensional body of artwork. After the Spring/Summer 2012 Sample Set is complete, that is when all the hard work will truly start. As daunting as it may seem,  I'm more than ready. I am pursuing my dreams no matter what it takes. The fourth picture is a gift that I was pleasantly surprised with for my birthday. It came all the way from Canada from a good friend of mine that I truly cherish. It was a surprise and it truly means more to me than she'll ever truly know. As I've gotten older, I have realized that good friends are truly hard to come by. So if you have a good circle of friends, cherish them!

THINKING ABOUT: Life in it's totality. Relationships, Careers, Responsibilities, Happiness, Finances, Aspirations, Love, Obligations, The highs...the lows...I mean the list goes on, and on.
WATCHING: Nothing Really. Well I haven't been able to watch much tv these days but I am recording my favorites that are back on for the summer; True Blood & Pretty Little Liars. Ha, please don't judge me for my cheesy guilty pleasures such as abcfamily and those vamps!

EATING: Healthy. Juicing has gave me a new perspective to eating healthy. I just can't continue on the path that I have with food. It is a love/hate relationship that needs some serious boundaries. I am getting older, my body is changing, and I really need to put as much TLC into it as I i do in other areas of my life. {ugh, the whole balance thing is truly a challenge for me} I am staying away from all things junk, processed, and sugary...for 98% of the time. I will indulge in the other 2% because hey, life is short and what's 2%? lol

FEELING: Spiritual. I have gotten more and more aligned with God as I have aged. I feel that throughout the numerous life changes that have occurred, the only reason I have stayed calm and peaceful is GOD. He is the reason I have been blessed with everything that I have and I am putting him at the forefront of my priorities. He comes before all and It feels so right within. I've always prayed, and always had somewhat of a connection...but now it's on a whole different level. I am reading the word everyday as a compass to guide me along this crazy world we call life and God is guiding me through it all. This is one of the prayers I say on a daily basis;

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next.

I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions of how you balance out your life or leave links of your life currently posts! 


Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |